Joint Bidding of Materials and Services – bidding larger volumes save each municipality substantial costs
Auction of Surplus Equipment – Held in July, the auction allows municipalities, school districts and police departments to dispose of surplus materials, including vehicles and all types of equipment. 2015 gross sales $235,600
Drug and Alcohol Testing – Pre-employment and random selection drug and alcohol testing both DOT and non-DOT employees (CDL and non-CDL). WorkNET is the provider.
Act 45 (UCC Joint Appeals Board) – The CapCOG UCC Appeals Board was established in June 2004. It currently has a pool of 17 qualified members in the various certified categories.
Monthly Trainings – Stormwater, Reasonable Suspicion, Human Resources, Grant Writing
Monthly Board of Delegates Meeting – Each member municipality appoints representatives. This Board meets the third Monday of each month
Managers Meetings – Are held throughout the year to share ideas and discuss common issues
Networking Activities – Annual Picnic & Golf and Annual Dinner
- Public Safety Initiatives
- Cable Television Franchise Agreements & Compliance Reviews
- Right-of-Way Ordinances including Wireless Technology
- Equipment/Resource Sharing between member municipalities
- Research on various issues
- Posting job openings on webpage and monthly e-newsletter
- Perry Albert Distinguished Service Award
For information about becoming a CapCOG member contact Gary Myers, Executive Director or Rhonda Campbell, Administrative Assistant at 717-761-6211 or firstname.lastname@example.org