All CapCOG Act 45 UCC hearing appeals will be heard the fourth Tuesday of each month, as needed, in the Hampden Township Municipal Building, 230 S Sporting Hill Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050, Room 202, commencing at 5:30 pm prevailing time. Appeal requests must be submitted on the forms below by the first Monday of the month to be scheduled for that month.
Per the PA Construction Code Act, each municipality that has opted-in to the Uniform Construction Code must have a Board of Appeals in place. Act 179 of 2012 amends the Pennsylvania Construction Code Act (Act 45 of 1999, as amended) to allow municipalities that administer the UCC solely to designate a joint UCC board of appeals for their community and reverses a recent Commonwealth Court decision (Middletown Township v. County of Delaware Uniform Construction Code Board of Appeals). Act 179 took effect December 23, 2012.
In 2004, when enforcement began, CapCOG, at the recommendation of the membership, created a Joint UCC Appeals Board. All member municipalities are invited to participate in the program.
Requests for all CapCOG Act 45 UCC appeals must be submitted on the appropriate forms by the first Monday of the month. See forms at the top of this page. The hearings are held the fourth Tuesday of each month, as needed, in the Hampden Township Municipal Building, 230 S Sporting Hill Road, Mechanicsburg, PA, Room 202, at 5 pm.
Benefits of joining the Joint UCC Board of Appeals Program
- Shared services/cost savings
- A large pool of qualified volunteers to serve as board members. Board members are selected based on their expertise in architecture, building and construction, plumbing, ADA compliance, electrical, energy and mechanical.
- CapCOG administers appeals through our consultant who makes the necessary arrangements for the appeal hearing.
- CapCOG provides a solicitor to hear the appeal and provide a written Decision.
- CapCOG provides administrative services and support.
Costs to join the CapCOG Joint UCC Board of Appeals Program
One-time start-up fee based on population
Less than 5,000 -$200
5,001 to 10,000 -$300
10,001 and over -$400
Annual Fee (includes E & O Insurance) the 2013 cost is:
Less than 5,000 -$105
5,0001 to 10,000 -$140
10,001 and over -$175
For Information about becoming a member of the CapCOG Joint UCC Board of Appeals Program contact Gary Myers, Executive Director at email@example.com or 717-761-6211.